Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Legal Secretary within our Litigation Group in our San Francisco office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, performs a variety of secretarial tasks to support assigned attorneys and other timekeepers. Provides a high level of client service and support while producing a high volume of consistently excellent work products. Maintains a general knowledge of the Firm’s practice areas and a specialized knowledge of the assigned attorneys’ practice area(s) and clients in order to enhance and promote communication between attorneys and their clients and to provide excellent, personalized service to support attorney/client relationships. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position. This is supporting the Litigation practice group, specifically Securities and White Collar Litigation.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required, Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years recent Legal Secretarial experience, and/or 3 years of Administrative Secretary experience.
- Experience working in a large law firm preferred.
- Experience supporting Litigation practice group, specifically Securities and White Collar Litigation.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to apply strong attention to detail to all levels of work.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- Highly proficient with Windows-based software used by the firm, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Mac Pac. Working knowledge of database, and time and attendance tracking applications.
- Typing speed of 70 wpm with high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and availability to work overtime required.
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to delivering client service by assisting co-workers.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
If you are a new applicant, click the "Apply for this Position" button.
If you are a returning applicant and you have previously applied to a position or registered on our website, login to access your existing applicant data. Click the "Add to My Jobs" button to begin the application process.
If you do not see the "Add to My Jobs" button, it means you have already applied for this job and we have your application on file. You may only apply to each job once.