Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Senior Corporate Paralegal within our Corporate Group in our San Francisco office.
The Senior Corporate Paralegal will provide organizational and substantive support to attorneys in the Corporate practice group including but not limited to;
- Assist in all phases of corporate transactions from inception to closing.
- Assist with entity formation, including drafting subscription, shareholder, employment, and confidentiality agreements, checking and reserving corporate names, and preparing drafts of corporate organizational documents.
- Draft and file documents related to business incorporation and ongoing operations.
- Assist with closings of venture capital financings, public offerings, acquisitions and mergers, and other transactions.
- Assist with due diligence and data rooms.
- Organize and maintain deal documents, minute books, corporate records, and stock ledgers.
- May prepare and file UCC financing statements, Blue Sky and SEC registrations, and public company SEC filings.
- May assist with stock option plan administration, including drafting BOD/shareholder plans, resolutions, agreements, and other state and federal filings
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and ability to meet the requirements of California Business & Professions Code §6450 required.
- Seven years relevant experience in practice area or comparable work experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with startup clients required.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Strong initiative to proactively increase value to the position.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to work overtime required.
- Flexibility to help support other Firm offices from time to time is required.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
If you are a new applicant, click the "Apply for this Position" button.
If you are a returning applicant and you have previously applied to a position or registered on our website, login to access your existing applicant data. Click the "Add to My Jobs" button to begin the application process.
If you do not see the "Add to My Jobs" button, it means you have already applied for this job and we have your application on file. You may only apply to each job once.