Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for an Attorney Recruiting & Development Specialist within our Legal Talent Group in our Mid-Atlantic offices (Washington, DC and Northern Virginia offices).
Guided by the Legal Talent Group objectives and priorities, the Attorney Recruiting & Development Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of the firm’s law school recruiting and summer associate program management in the Mid-Atlantic region (Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia) including collaborating with the local Attorney Development Manager in specific professional development projects and business processes, as well as, other general Legal Talent projects. May provide back-up coverage to the Attorney Recruiting Manager for lateral talent acquisition, as needed. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum of three to four years of Recruiting or Human Resources experience required.
- Previous experience in law firm professional development very desirable.
- Remain current in industry trends in attorney recruiting and the legal profession.
- Ensure expertise in relevant technology; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Participate on projects that increase the value of services to clients, attorneys, timekeepers and the Firm.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside the firm.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment demonstrating reliability, dependability and flexibility is essential.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines.
- Ability to analyze needs and to determine priorities based on business objectives.
- Strong interactive skills and the ability to succeed in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Ability to apply effective independent judgment and decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure and critical deadlines. Ability to handle stressors related to the position and high interpersonal interaction.
- Ability to keep confidential any information, observations or viewpoints regarding Firm business matters.
- Strong technology skills in MS Office products such as Word and Excel. Familiarity with Human Resource systems and relational databases preferred.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
If you are a new applicant, click the "Apply for this Position" button.
If you are a returning applicant and you have previously applied to a position or registered on our website, login to access your existing applicant data. Click the "Add to My Jobs" button to begin the application process.
If you do not see the "Add to My Jobs" button, it means you have already applied for this job and we have your application on file. You may only apply to each job once.