Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Lived or has personal history within the criminal justice system
- 6 months of full-time experience working with the public or with community groups performing duties such as interviewing clients concerning health or social services matters, answering questions and providing information about health, mental health and social services or 6 months experience at the level of Mental Health peer advocate
Description of Duties
- The Transition clinic Community Health Worker (CHW) will provide outreach, education, navigation and case management services to recently released, previously incarcerated persons with chronic diseases including those affected by substance abuse and/or mental health issues who present at or recruited by the Transition Clinic Program at the Harbor UCLA Family Health Center. The role of the CHW includes:
- Operate in a supportive role within an interdisciplinary health care team utilizing an integrated care and treatment model
- Provide outreach, case management, and navigational services to recently releases, previously incarcerated persons with chronic medical, psychiatric, and substance abuse conditions.
- Collaborate with primary care providers and the behavioral health provider to provide health and behavioral interventions that will maximize client health outcomes at both the Family Medicine clinic and Gardena High School