Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
Commitment and Integrity
Compassion and Respect
Innovation and Collaboration
Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
JF&CS currently produces three core annual fundraising events; Havinagala, Community of Caring, and The Tasting, awareness and stewardship events. This position coordinates a wide range of responsibilities that include: event theme building, creating event programs, communicating with event attendees and corporate donors, marketing, contracting vendors, coordinating event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for event production.
This position also oversees and assists with Corporate Sponsorships and Special Projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Planning and Production Management includes, but is not limited to:
- Oversee events with a focus on meeting revenue goals.
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all JF&CS hosted events.
- Lead all event planning and production meetings and discussions.
- Organize and lead collaboration with the Marketing and Developments Teams on event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing.
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies/decorations, coordinate audiovisual equipment and operations.
- Secure volunteers, if needed; manage the staff and volunteers working at the event.
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary.
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration and attendee check-in processes.
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments and visits to see venue space, and schedule events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Oversee event lay-leadership committees.
- Special Projects include, but are not limited to major donor events, board events, and supporting volunteer events.
- In coordination with CDO and Director of Development, responsible for identifying and securing corporate and/or individual special event sponsorship to meet event financial goals.
- Responsible for generating sponsorship contracts
- Responsible for ensuring sponsor benefits are fulfilled accurately and timely;
- Process Sponsor Thank You Letters as commitments are made and gifts are received.
- Responsible during event to make sure Sponsors are receiving benefits at event and to be their concierge.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years prior experience coordinating large (500+guests) special events; preferably with non-profit fundraising events.
- Experience with office administration.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills.
- Budget management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to accomplish projects independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Experience with hiring and managing vendors for event production.
- Internet research and email savvy.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge (can be trained).