Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
Commitment and Integrity
Compassion and Respect
Innovation and Collaboration
Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
The Development and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible supporting the activities of the development department and volunteer services. The position plays a critical role alongside the Director of Development for the success of the Annual Campaign and in achievement of overall fundraising goals.
The position also supports the Young Professionals of JF&CS initiative including the Tritt Leadership Program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director of Development to implement strategies and techniques to identify prospective new donors to expand and deepen donor support of the Annual Campaign;
- Responsible for solicitor coding in donor database and tracking of volunteer solicitors’ prospects;
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to increase employee matching gifts annually and administration for those, United Way and other designated gifts
- Maintain a portfolio of donors and/or donor prospects to cultivate and steward annually.
- Responsible for managing the “Take 5ers” as well as other solicitors as needed and being their liaison with the agency.
- Assist in writing and editing solicitation materials and updates on Annual Campaign Progress.
- Responsible for generating sponsorship contracts
- Responsible for ensuring sponsor benefits are fulfilled accurately and timely;
- Process Sponsor Thank You Letters as commitments are made and gifts are received.
- Responsible during event to make sure Sponsors are receiving benefits at event and to be their concierge.
- Support digital fundraising and social media.
- Help administer the Agency’s volunteer program in alignment with the Agency’s strategic plan.
- Support the philosophy and standards by which we communicate with and manage volunteers including volunteer applications/screening, onboarding, retention and recognition. Maintain volunteer records in accordance with Agency standards.
- Provide programmatic & logistical support for volunteer activities and events with particular focus on young adult engagements. Coordinate marketing efforts, recruitment, and tracking of participants.
- Create and coordinate digital marketing for young adult and family programming including Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Coordinate requests for Passover assistance and oversee Passover food distribution including volunteer/family programming.
- Help with HOD Rosh Hashanah Appeal
- Working closely with the Tritt co-chairs, coordinate programming & logistics for the Ramie A. Tritt Foundation Leadership program.
- Help plan and implement Volunteer Events including Hunger Walk, Operation Isaiah, Volunteer with Friendship Circle Atlanta, Holiday Gift Program, Intergenerational Brunch, Mitzvah Day, Recognition Days, etc.
- Attend Volunteer & Agency events as required including evenings and/or weekends.
- Attend Jewish young adults events to assist with recruitment for JF&CS young professionals programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Supportive of the JF&CS mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and interest in development.
- Knowledge of and interest in the Jewish community.
- Ability to build relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through.
- Keen writing and editing skills desired.
- Proficient in Windows, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and fundraising database software. Experience with Raisers Edge required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-service focused environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Special tasks or events may require after hours or weekend work (evenings or Sundays).