Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
Commitment and Integrity
Compassion and Respect
Innovation and Collaboration
Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
PURPOSE: The purpose of this job is twofold:
- To provide clients who have significant life challenges and/or mental illness with the supports necessary to help them live more securely and independently in the community.
- To provide geriatric care management services for family caregivers and care recipients as a member of the Supportive Services Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Provide private pay geriatric care management services to older adults and their family caregivers, as assigned, including:
Assess in home or in office to determine what is needed to maximize older adult’s quality of life
Complete evaluations and referral recommendations for where to turn and what to do
Design, implement and manage a comprehensive plan of care to relieve clients’ uncertainty, teach clients about available services, and help them understand the language and programs involved in eldercare
Educate family caregivers and older adults concerned about appropriate levels of care and available resources
Conduct family meetings to provide a safe space and a neutral party to listen to family concerns and help work toward resolving disagreements
Coordinate services, appointments and follow-up based on individual needs and decisions
Provide assistance with living-arrangement transition
Assist with and advocate for older adult clients at doctor’s visits and hospital stays, and provide a review of clients’ care
Assist with screening, arranging and monitoring services
Maintain all client files in accordance with CARF regulations and funding requirements
Maintain and submit all required documentation required in NextStep
Conduct in office and/or in
Participate in supervision with the manager of Caregiver Support Services twice monthly
- Attend AVIV staff meetings and caregiver workgroup meetings, as needed, and work with AVIV staff as part of a team.
- The candidate must demonstrate client-centered values and a commitment to working to enhance the lives of older adults and their families.
- Excellent knowledge base and comfort level working with older adults and their family caregivers.
- Knowledge of community resources for older adults.
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapy techniques considered a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs and excellent skills as a client advocate to access resources.
- Able to organize, mediate, be creative, multitask, convey empathy and be willing to learn. A good team player. Able to plan and help clients reach goals. Good use of the English language and able to communicate clearly. Must be able to manage time effectively, maintain boundaries and cope with crises.
- Must have valid Georgia Driver’s License, insured personal vehicle and be willing to transport clients when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an area of human service preferred, with related experience working with older adults and family caregivers. Bachelor’s level degree with equivalent experience will be considered.