Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
Commitment and Integrity
Compassion and Respect
Innovation and Collaboration
Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
Purpose: Provides executive administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging off-site meetings, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for all meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures that the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time.
- Handles correspondence for the Chief Executive Officer, including but not limited to, agendas, announcements, and minutes of Board and Executive Committee.Prepares all mailings for those meetings.
- Maintains notebooks documenting Board and Executive Committee materials.
- Responsible for gift administration of all agency contributions.
- Responsible for coordinating the Tribute Funds Program.
- Performs other administrative projects as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build internal and external relationships crucial to the success of the Agency, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Ensures all necessary travel arrangements are confirmed for meetings.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinking, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must have the ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Office environment/event.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong work tenure with favorable references.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as social media platforms.
- Active involvement in continuing education and community service.