**Part time to full time based on growth of residential rental in the community to full capacity (expected mid-year)**
Purpose: HearthSide Lafayette, located in Fayetteville, Georgia, will be the seventh “HearthSide” branded property in the greater Atlanta area. This lifestyle-rich brand serves the 62+ demographic with enhanced services in quality communities. To support the residents’ ability to remain active and independent, HearthSide Lafayette will utilize a Wellness Care Specialist employed and supervised by Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) to provide concierge services (i.e., care coordination, information and referrals, partnership development to access resources, program coordination, etc.) through AgeWell Atlanta, a collaborative, cross discipline one-stop resource for older adults and family caregivers. Our goal is to link residents with the support and resources they need o to remain healthier and more independent for as long as possible.
- Maximize residents’ independence, wellness, safety, and self-care through education, program coordination, case management, referral and caregiver support.
- Coordinate programming that supports health and wellness activities, including but not limited to transportation assistance, walking clubs, cooking demonstrations, educational health workshop, exercise classes, health fair and other wellness events.
- Receive/respond to resident inquiries and serve as a central information and referral source for aging services and resources, specifically in and around the Fayetteville area for the residents of HearthSide Lafayette.
- Assess in home or in office residents’ overall wellness situation by administering the Protective Factors for Maintaining Independence (PFMI) tool to determine service needs to maximize quality of life.
- Use results from PFMI tool to determine and make appropriate referral recommendations for where to go and what to do.
- Enter timely and accurate documentation into the PFMI tool application and any necessary case notes in NextStep software, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with onsite HearthSide management staff.
- Provide training to residents on using the MyChart application, which collects patient’s fitness data, medical records, and test results and syncs directly with care providers. Grady, Piedmont, and Wellstart, as well as many other local providers, utilize this program for health literacy and patient engagement.
- Compile and track data from PFMI tool, program participation, and any resident notes for the purposes of reporting and determining whether outcome measurements are met.
- Track attendance at programs, classes, and events offered on-site.
- Educate residents and promote services and programs provided by AgeWell Atlanta partner agencies and facilitate referrals to those agencies and other established community partners.
- Provide assistance and support with living-arrangement transition.
- Maintain existing partnerships, while identifying, building and developing new partnerships to leverage resources on behalf of residents.
- Coordinate opportunities to offer groups and individual counseling on-site.
- Maintain confidentiality of all PHI information in compliance with HIPPA, federal and state regulations and laws.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Responsible for overseeing program budget and reporting, including compiling narrative and expense reports.
- Participate in supervision sessions twice monthly.
- In addition to the foregoing, the employee will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience forming and sustaining strong community partnerships
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills
- Sensitivity to the unique needs of older adults and family caregivers
- Works well with limited oversight
- Professional, flexible, and a self-starter
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize, plan, and multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to operate smart phone, iPad, or other mobile communication devices to ensure productivity and ability to perform essential functions
- Knowledgeable about available community resources, specifically in and around the Fayetteville area
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Understanding and respect of all cultures and demographic diversity
- Customer service oriented
- Proven track record of demonstrating empathy and compassion for individuals
- Proven track record for improving processes in service delivery to clients served
Education and/or Experience: