Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
Commitment and Integrity
Compassion and Respect
Innovation and Collaboration
Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
Purpose: The Manager of Volunteer Development is responsible for all aspects of the long-term development and management of Volunteers throughout the Agency. Serve as primary point of contact for Volunteers and Board Members after initial intake and placement. Responsible for engaging and developing volunteers as resources for programs, potential agency leadership, and ambassadors for JF&CS in the community.
- Lead and develop the philosophy and standards by which we communicate and manage volunteers. Produce ongoing/sustained communication with volunteers and board members
- Develop and manage tracking system for recruiting, assigning, training and managing volunteers
- Implement and manage volunteer assessment, intake, placement, and evaluation process
- Manage all aspects of new volunteer recruitment and engagement including facilitation of new volunteer orientation
- Maintain an updated list of ongoing volunteer experiences and work with staff and prospective volunteers to create opportunities that add value to the agency and the volunteer and match their skill sets and interest.
- Maintain all volunteer records and stewardship notes in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide data analytics on volunteer activities, feedback, and impact to JF&CS leadership
- Work with Marketing to develop content for all volunteer communications. Ensure that the website and Volunteer pages are accurate and updated.
- Oversee and manage all Volunteer Events
- Create and implement a robust volunteer appreciation system and program
- Act as staff liaison to Volunteer Committee
- Serve as support staff to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in Board Development and Board Governance initiatives including:
- Board member applications, Board directory, Board assessment surveys (using survey results to make improvements to board experience ) and development of Job Descriptions for Executive Portfolios and Committee Chairs
- Working with the CDO, coordinate the board selection and approval process, including:
- Developing necessary data and supporting documents for nominees, committee chairs, and officers.
- Refining best-practices for nominating committee work including skills-analysis, leadership qualities assessment and other enhancement tools
- Serve as lead staff to coordinate the Herbert Kohn Service Award and Past Presidents’ Annual Luncheon
- Act as the staff liaison to the Board Development Committee to develop and implement committee goals and objectives
- Manages all New Board Member Onboarding and Paperwork, and provides access to these documents for all necessary audits
FITS and Kay Tools for Leaders
- With an emphasis on stewardship, provide programmatic support for FITS – Families Inspired To Serve –programming. Serve as staff liaison to the FITS Committee; organize monthly afternoon or Sunday programming designed for families with young children to do hands-on service learning in partnership with volunteer leaders. Coordinate marketing efforts, family recruitment, and tracking of participants.
- With an emphasis on stewardship, facilitate Kay Tools for Leaders program and work individually with each participant to find the appropriate JF&CS volunteer role and pathway after completion.
- Effective relationship builder with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong communicator with the ability to work with volunteers at all levels of the Agency
- Strong computer skills: including Microsoft Office Suite/Excel, and data base knowledge
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to multi task and manage a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Highly organized, responsive, and professional
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 year previous experience in Non-profit in volunteer, fundraising and/or special events
- 3 years experience in project management and/or leadership role
- 50% of time will have face to face or phone contact with Volunteers, Board Members, vendors and Agency leaders