Responsible for soliciting first and second mortgage applications from members and eligible non-members for purchase and refinance of residential 1-4 family properties, and for managing the process from application through loan closing.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of residential lending experience, with at least two years as a licensed or registered Mortgage Loan Originator.
- The preferred candidate must have a demonstrated track record with realtors and other financial services industry referral sources along with at least 2 years of experience with submitting loan transactions to a computerized automated underwriting system.
- Requires excellent negotiation, public relations and communication skills to include the ability to speak to medium size select employee groups or real estate professional groups.
- To be considered for this position, the candidate must have:
- Thorough understanding of the residential purchase process and various stages in the Hawaii standard real estate purchase contact.
- Complete knowledge of GSE, MCC, FHA, USDA and VA underwriting, insuring and documentation guidelines.
- Understanding of Trust documentation, terminology and allowable vesting.
- Understanding of origination and discount points, loan-level price adjustments, interest rate lock, extension process and costs and rebate versus discount pricing.
- Familiarity with Settlement closing statement.
- Thorough knowledge of various mortgage lending regulations and required disclosures.