Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, San Francisco and our Seattle office you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…an Account Supervisor who knows how to:
- Serve as day-to-day client contact, providing strategic and tactical support and guidance on integrated communications efforts, including earned, paid and owned channels
- Build rapport and credibility with client(s) based on trust and expert counsel
- Coordinate across departments, including earned media, creative, digital, paid media, and/or production, to develop and implement communications, public relations and advertising strategies, materials, and collateral
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research findings and insights to develop messaging documents
- Research, write, edit and proofread written materials, including press materials, creative strategy briefs, strategy memorandums, blog posts, web pages/sites, videos, advertising elements and/or general client correspondence
- Work with senior staff to develop targeted outreach plans, such as effective and targeted paid media plans in traditional, digital and social media outlets
- Coordinate with team members to develop social media content and manage social channels on behalf of clients
- Manage and execute media relations efforts including media list development, pitching and rapid response and crisis communications
- Work with team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Stay informed on client industry and issues
- Mentor and provide constructive feedback to junior staff members
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in communications, advertising, public relations, public policy, government or related field
- Strong communication skills and excellent client service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively; flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Strategic thinker who can proactively problem solve, mind the details and the big picture
- Ability to drive projects from start to finish
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience as a team lead or managing an account team
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.