Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…an Assistant Account Executive who knows how to:
- Provide client service support by attending internal and client meetings, maintaining status reports and responding to client requests in a timely manner
- Assist account team with drafting press releases, conducting research, media monitoring, community outreach and research across multiple clients
- Assist project teams with day-to-day execution of client work, including but not limited to conducting research, writing and editing documents, compiling meeting notes, updating status reports and coordinating logistics and deliverables between account, creative, digital, media and/or production departments
- Track, analyze and report on political news, coverage, research and online conversation
- Develop and maintain client and internal documents, including timelines/calendars, meeting notes and conference call reports
- Facilitate client billing process in conjunction with account leads and accounting department
- Provide general administrative support to senior management, including scheduling meetings, booking travel, creating expense reports, and assembling and formatting client materials and presentations; provide administrative support to multiple account team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, English Literature or other related field from a four-year college or university
- One to two years of professional experience in the field of communications, politics or media
- Demonstrated experience and/or passion for political communications and initiatives
- Strong interest in and understanding of various communications platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital, and interactive user experience) and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and distill and streamline information
- Excellent customer service skills with an orientation to deliver customer-centric solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, reporters and third parties
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm so sometimes that's when our clients need us
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law