Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents and world leaders; fought for stricter laws on tobacco from Nashville to Nigeria; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring vaccinations to children around the world.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our San Francisco and our Seattle offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create communications and advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…earned media experts, public policy wonks, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising professional, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Senior Digital Strategist who knows how to:
- Develop unique strategies and build upon current client strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives
- Serve in a day-to day client leadership role, providing tactical support and guidance on communications and/or advertising efforts
- Develop strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing support during strategy, ideation, and execution
- Provide digital content strategy for key accounts, understanding the larger integrated communications strategies in place
- Partner with functional digital strategists in SEO, UX, technology, paid media, and creative, along with account managers, to shape digital content plans for clients
- Understand and apply user experiences to build customer journeys along channels, driving users' actions to meet clients' goals through measurable KPIs
- Deliver ideas and solutions that enhance reach and effectiveness for websites, campaigns, or social media communities
- Conduct and report on stakeholder interviews, audience interviews, content audits, traffic analysis, social media scans, and other digital discovery work
- Develop digital strategy tools and content, including editorial calendars, blog posts, Facebook posts, Tweets, etc.
- Write and produce client-facing proposals, presentations, strategic plans, landscape analysis report, and other materials, both independently and in collaboration with internal teams
- Conduct client training sessions on social media, web writing, and SEO best practices
- Monitor, evaluate and present campaign results by leveraging online tools, social media platform analytics tools, and Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Partner with Research & Planning team to develop a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes
- Review deliverables prior to client review
- Provide campaign performance reporting and analysis internally and to clients
- Supervise the Seattle based Associate Digital Strategist related to strategic projects, reporting, audits, web and social media content, and other digital projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in digital marketing and strategy, including website creation, web content, social media, analytics, and SEO (digital experience required)
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Account, Creative, Media and Technical delivery specialists
- Strong interest in technology or digital marketing
- An interest in politics and the ability to drive projects from start to finish. Experience working on or with political campaigns is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and you are comfortable working with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Excellent client service skills; flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm and sometimes that's when our clients need us
This position is a fixed term position for the 2020 political cycle and will end on November 6, 2020.
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.