Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…political strategists, data scientists, issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Senior Digital Media Planner who knows how to:
- Lead internal teams, including planners and assistants
- Lead and manage media campaign creation, execution and reporting/analysis
- Provide active voice in media strategies, optimization and opportunities for improvement in media process and execution
- Provide expert counsel and guidance to clients on digital media advertising strategies
- Synthesize digital media research, reports and trends to inform and create compelling media POVs and recommendations based on target audiences and client goals
- Develop and persuasively present digital media recommendations to clients and potential clients through new business pitches
- Manage day-to-day media buying needs, including delivering creative specs to vendors, facilitating payment to vendors, etc.
- Monitor campaign performance, optimize to achieve objectives and analyze and report results
- Understand the value and role of evolving digital platform, and stay abreast of industry trends, best practices and targeting techniques in order to continually enhance digital media plans and campaign performance
- Develop relationships with media vendors, understand the unique services/offerings of each, evaluate proposals and negotiate contracts
- Educate internal teams (creative, account, production and media) on digital media advertising strategies, tactics, trends and best practices
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of digital advertising experience, with at least 2 years of programmatic buying experience (any DSP)
- Social Buying Experience on Facebook/Instagram (even better if you have Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat buying/platform experience)
- Experience buying and managing cross-platform digital advertising programs, utilizing various assets including display, video and mobile
- Experience managing awareness (branding or message) and acquisition programs
- Understanding of search engine marketing space and social media platforms
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand paid media concepts quickly
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm so sometimes that's when our clients need us
- Strong interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively across teams
- A meticulous eye for detail and exceptional organization skills
It’s a bonus (not required) if you have…
- Experience working with an ad-serving platform (DCM preferred)
This position is a fixed term position for the 2020 political cycle and will end on November 6, 2020.
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.