Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
We are… issue experts, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, social and digital strategists, media planners and multi-media producers.
Our internship program offers you the chance to think creatively and bring ideas to life to create real and lasting change in the world. You will spend the internship making positive social impact in a fast-paced agency environment; learning from our talented team members through mentoring, networking, and training.
- a recent college graduate or a rising college junior/senior currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in a political-related field who wants to join our Washington, DC office for a paid June-November internship
- available to work 30-40 hours per week from June 1, 2020 through November 6, 2020
- passionate and knowledgeable about politics, political campaigns, political advertising and communications on both digital and traditional channels for Democrats up and down the ballot.
- strong writing and research skills
- excellent communication skills
- a keen eye for detail and the ability to facilitate feedback
- a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a hunger to help out wherever needed, as well as a desire to learn and improve as you go
- the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage deadlines, and collaborate with junior and senior members of the team
- experience working on a political campaign or in the office of an elected official
- experience/strong interest in digital media and advertising
- support the staff of GMMB’s political practice in the day-to-day management of political accounts, including but not limited to copy-editing political ads and other client documents, researching footage and b-roll to be featured in ads, researching candidates and issues in upcoming elections, transcribing client calls and other relevant projects as assigned
- work across multiple departments in conjunction with team leaders and members of the junior staff to coordinate ongoing work
- compile research and write background documents
- perform other tasks to assist in client service
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning January 21, 2020. Most interviews will be held in mid/late February 2020. The final application submission deadline is February 14, 2020, but applicants are strongly encouraged to apply before this date.
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.