Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; helped bring health coverage to all Americans; supported clients seeking to improve learning opportunities for all children from early education through higher education; supported clients to help improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Senior Account Executive who knows how to:
- Serve as day-to-day client contact, providing strategic and tactical support and guidance on integrated communications efforts, including earned, paid and owned channels
- Coordinate across departments, including earned media, creative, digital, paid media, and/or production, to develop and implement communications, public relations and advertising strategies, materials, and collateral
- Track, analyze and report on account-related news, coverage, research and online conversations
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research findings and insights to develop messaging documents
- Research, write, edit and proofread written materials, including press materials, creative strategy briefs, strategy memorandums, op-eds, blog posts, social media posts, videos, advertising elements and/or general client correspondence
- Coordinate with team members to develop social media content and manage social channels on behalf of clients
- Manage and execute media relations efforts including media list development, pitching and rapid response and crisis communications
- Work with senior staff to develop targeted outreach plans, such as effective and targeted paid media plans in traditional, digital and social media outlets
- Work with team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Stay informed on client industry and issues specific to the education field
- Mentor and provide constructive feedback to junior staff members
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 4-6 years of experience in communications, advertising, public relations, public policy, government or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent client service skills; flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm and sometimes that's when our clients need us
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Interest and experience in the education field
- Experience in earned media and on social media strategies and execution
- The ability to drive projects from start to finish
- The ability to proactively problem solve and to mind both the details and the big picture
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingual skills - a plus!
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.