Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…political strategists, data scientists, issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Data Coordinator who knows how to:
- Oversee and manage data collection effort performed by others on the team
- Collaborate with other GMMB teams to identify opportunities where data and technology can help improve strategy and offerings
- Design plans of action in acquiring additional datasets or improving existing data
- Serve as a data science liaison for other GMMB teams, clients and partners
- Collect, clean and process data as needed for reports and analysis
- Collaborate with analysts and engineers in the development of analysis, reports, products and data infrastructure
- Assist with client ad hoc requests and needs
- Document work and processes for team knowledge and future reference
- Intermediate skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience manipulating and cleaning data with SQL
- Experience creating data visualizations and reports with Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Strong project management skills
- A passion for progressive causes and is not afraid to question the status quo (we encourage it!)
- A knack for wanting to understand intricate problems and develop efficient and effective solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
- The ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm so sometimes that's when our clients need us
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively across teams
- A meticulous eye for detail and exceptional organization skills
It's a bonus (not required) if you have...
- Familiarity with marketing data, processes and ecosystem
- Familiarity with political campaigns and the US electoral system
- Familiarity with Python, R or other languages
- Familiarity with Shiny, Dash, D3 or other visualization tools
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.