Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…political strategists, data scientists, issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Data Analyst who knows how to:
- Support teams across GMMB on data projects and processes
- Lead on reporting and analysis as needed by other teams
- Build and maintain pipelines to load information into database and reporting tools
- Collaborate with larger data science team in the development and maintenance of data infrastructure, analysis, reporting dashboards, and other data projects
- Assist in the administration of our data systems and tools
- Onboard/train other team members in data science best practices
- Intermediate skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience working in the various flavors of SQL (we use Redshift and PostgresSQL)
- Experience working with data in Python or R; familiarity with building predictive models in chosen programming language Python or R
- Experience working with data visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Shiny, Dash or D3)
- A passion for progressive causes and is not afraid to question the status quo (we encourage it!)
- A desire to learn new skills and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- The ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm so sometimes that's when our clients need us
- A meticulous eye for detail and exceptional organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively across teams
It’s a bonus (not required) if you have…
- Experience working in political advertising
- Experience automating pipelines and data flow across an organization
- Experience working with external APIs
- Experience working with GIS data
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Familiarity with marketing data, processes and ecosystems
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Familiarity with AWS/Google Cloud
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.