Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…political strategists, data scientists, issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Data Engineer who knows how to:
- Support, maintain, and develop key pieces of the data infrastructure
- Build tools to help GMMB teams improve their reporting and strategy
- Assist in the administration of our data systems and tools
- Build pipelines to load information into database and reporting tools
- Project manage requests made to the data team from clients/internal teams
- Work collaboratively with the campaign technology team to support data infrastructure
- Support internal projects by automating various data flows and processes as needed
- Develop reporting dashboards with data visualization tools
- Write technical documentation
- Onboard/train other team members in data science best practices
- Extensive experience working with data in Python or R; familiarity with building predictive models in chosen programming language Python or R
- Extensive experience working with data visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Shiny, Dash or D3)
- Experience automating pipelines and data flow across an organization
- Experience working in the various flavors of SQL (we use Redshift and PostgresSQL)
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Experience working with external APIs
- Strong organizational and project management skills; experience writing technical documentation
- Intermediate skills in MS Office including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; advanced skills in Excel
- A passion for progressive causes and is not afraid to question the status quo (we encourage it!)
- A desire to learn new skills and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
- The ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm so sometimes that's when our clients need us
- Strong interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively across teams
- A meticulous eye for detail and exceptional organization skills
It’s a bonus (not required) if you have…
- Experience working in marketing, advertising or politics
- Experience working with GIS data
- Experience working with a *nix environment
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with web crawlers/scrapers (Scrapy, Selenium)
- Familiarity with full-stack web development (React, Django) including unit testing
- Familiarity with AWS/Google Cloud
- Familiarity with 2D Design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Inkscape, Gimp)
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.