Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky communication junkies. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, convinced the public to make smart decisions behind the wheel, protect their financial investments and increase their disaster preparedness efforts; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Senior Account Executive who knows how to:
- Serve as day-to-day client contact, providing strategic and tactical support and guidance on integrated communications efforts, including earned, paid and owned channels
- Coordinate across departments, including earned media, creative, digital, paid media, and/or production, to develop and implement communications, public relations and advertising strategies, materials, and collateral
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research findings and insights to develop messaging documents
- Research, write, edit and proofread written materials, including press materials, creative strategy briefs, strategy memorandums, blog posts, web pages/sites, videos, advertising elements and/or general client correspondence
- Work with senior staff to develop targeted outreach plans, such as effective and targeted paid media plans in traditional, digital and social media outlets
- Coordinate with team members to develop social media content and manage social channels on behalf of clients
- Manage and execute media relations efforts including media list development, pitching and rapid response and crisis communications
- Work with team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Stay informed on client industry and issues
- Mentor and provide constructive feedback to junior staff members
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 4-6 years of experience in communications, advertising, public relations, public policy, government or related field
- Strong communication skills and excellent client service skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively; flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- An understanding of and interest in how the public and private sector work and how issues of both sectors are impacted by Congress
- An interest in community resiliency/emergency preparedness; financial preparedness; individual and community preparedness; and public safety.
- The ability to drive projects from start to finish
- The ability to proactively problem solve and to mind both the details and the big picture
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.