Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Senior Account Executive who knows how to:
- Serve as day-to day client contact, providing tactical support and guidance on communications and/or advertising efforts
- Work across departments, including creative, digital, media, and/or production, to develop and implement communications and advertising strategies, media, materials, and creative collateral for clients' campaigns
- Work with team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Research, write, edit and proofread written materials, including creative strategy briefs, press materials, messaging documents, strategy memorandums, blog posts, web pages/sites, videos, advertising elements and/or general client correspondence
- Work with senior staff and media department to develop effective and targeted media plans in both traditional, digital and social media outlets
- Coordinate with team members to develop social media content and manage social channels on behalf of clients
- Execute media relations efforts including media list development and pitching, and develop strong ongoing relationships with journalists, reporters and bloggers
- Stay informed on client industry and issues
- Mentor and provide constructive feedback to junior staff members
- A Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- 4-6 years of experience in communications, advertising, public relations, public policy, government or related field.
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Excellent client service skills; flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm and sometimes that's when our clients need us
- An interest in health policy and the ability to drive projects from start to finish. Experience in public health and/or global health a plus.
- The ability to proactively problem solve, mind the details and the big picture
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.