Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, San Francisco and our Seattle office you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…an Account Supervisor who knows how to:
- Develop and implement communications plans and campaigns, building rapport and credibility with client(s) based on trust and expert counsel
- Partner with senior leaders to develop, present and implement strategic solutions and creative campaigns that deliver real results for our clients, which include foundations, government agencies, nonprofits, academic institutions and more
- Understand the health policy environment and how to develop strategic communications that help advocate for positive change and implement policies that improve people’s lives
- Write compelling messages that distill complex policy ideas in a way that breaks through and motivates audiences
- Manage project teams, delegate assignments and mentor junior staff
- Collaborate and lead projects across departments, including creative, digital, media and/or production, to develop and implement communications and advertising campaigns that are on strategy, on time, within budget, and meet agency and client standards
- Effectively manage client accounts and project budgets
- Research, write and present proposals, creative strategy briefs, messaging documents, press and media materials, web and social media content, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with issue experts and organizations, media contacts and other partners to meet client needs and achieve project objectives
- Actively participate in new business efforts for the firm including developing new business opportunities, writing proposals and delivering presentations
- Stay informed on client industries and issues
- A Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- 6+ years of experience in communications, advertising, public relations, public policy, government or related field
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Excellent client service skills; flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm and sometimes that's when our clients need us
- An interest in health policy and the ability to drive projects from start to finish
- Strategic thinking skills; can proactively problem solve, mind the details and the big picture
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience as a team lead or managing an account team
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.