Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our Seattle and San Francisco offices you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are … issue experts, political communications professionals, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, social and digital strategists, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are … a Vice President, Account who knows how to:
- Build rapport and credibility with clients based on trust and expert strategic counsel
- Serve as an expert in education communications and related client’s issue area(s), stay abreast of the political and social landscape of education and related issue(s) as well as recent news releases, research, trends, etc.
- Create and present communications plans and strategies, in conjunction with creative, production, digital and media departments as needed, to achieve client objectives
- Drive hands-on execution of integrated communications campaigns, working with internal departments to develop insightful and compelling creative concepts, messaging and campaign materials and to secure effective media placements
- Review all agency product, creative and strategic, to ensure it meets client strategy, voice, high standards for writing and expectations
- Lead development of rapid response counsel and creative assets to meet client needs and react to changing landscape
- Successfully manage, including being mindful of staffing, overall revenue and profitability
- Quickly and effectively resolve client problems/concerns to ensure client satisfaction
- Actively participate in new business efforts for the firm including developing new business opportunities, writing proposals and delivering presentations
- Stay alert for new opportunities to grow and expand GMMB’s relationship and work with the client
- Coach, mentor and develop staff
- Work with Talent & Culture on recruiting and onboarding new team members
- Manage team members’ work schedules including workload, training and paid time off
- Empower team members to take responsibility for their jobs and goals
- Maintain transparent communication with team members through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, etc.
- Consciously cultivate a culture that is consistent with GMMB’s mission, vision and values
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 15+ years of experience in communications, journalism, advertising, public relations, public policy or related field with a focus on education issues and activities
- 10+ years’ experience managing, building and motivating teams
- In-depth knowledge of education and related dynamics, stakeholders and players, client business and financial aspects of account management
- Understanding of national and state and local education policy and advocacy is a plus
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and editing skills and understanding of the current social and traditional media landscape
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.