Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our Seattle and San Francisco offices you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are… social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multimedia producers.
You are… a Senior Designer who:
- Produces quality design work in line with agency standards
- Has a high attention to detail and is extremely well organized
- Prioritizes workload and manages time efficiently; can work on multiple projects, small or large, with various project leads or independently
- Can collaborate with the brand team to create visual identities including logo, typography, color palette and collateral
- Displays exceptional communication and presentation skills within the agency team and with clients
- Can create effective, brand-appropriate marketing for all media and maintain the client’s brand standards over the course of a project
- Possesses strong knowledge of technical production processes and can prepare files for release to vendors/platforms
- Has experience in creating visual interface designs for websites and mobile applications
- Works with all team members to develop and refine concepts and/or campaigns that reflect a strong understanding of the audience
- Proven ability to listen, digest and resolve client feedback with a creative solution and a positive, can-do attitude
- Provides insight and feedback on creative briefs, budgets and schedules
- Mentors junior designers and provides constructive feedback
- Organizes, directs and administers photo shoots, and is able to convey ideas and direction to photographers, team members and clients
- A Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Graphic Design or Interactive Media Design
- Five or more years design experience in diversified industries, agency experience a plus
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong creative visual concepts and execution
- An understanding of current technologies
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft programs required
- Knowledge of a prototyping software (Sketch, InVision or XD) required
- Knowledge of WordPress and AfterEffects is a plus
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law