Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35 years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improve education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are … social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are …a VP, Senior Account Planner who knows how to:
- Inspire smart strategy and compelling creative by uncovering meaningful consumer insights
- Quickly grasp and share a keen understanding of client issues, challenges and audiences
- Serve as the voice of the audience and ensure that strategies, message and creative resonate
- Develop creative briefs, brief creative teams, and review creative work
- Recommend and implement research that will aid in insight gathering and concept testing
- Develop insightful and actionable conclusions from research, and present findings and strategy to clients
- Use multiple sources of data to measure and analyze campaign performance and deliver strategic recommendations
- Monitor, share, interpret cultural and social trends relevant to the clients' business
- Support new business efforts with research, planning, and landscape analysis
- Contribute ideas and leadership to “grow the planning mindset” at GMMB
- Desire to take on challenges, constantly problem-solve and share new ideas
- Ability to ask good questions and go beyond the obvious
- An inherently collaborative approach to working and an ability to partner with diverse personalities and teams
- A knack for storytelling and the ability to lead others around a great idea
- In-depth understanding of audience research, brand research and strategy, and creative strategy
- A solid grasp of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills, including design and analysis
- Experience with desktop research tools (e.g. MRI, Sysomos, Google Consumer Surveys, etc.)
- Experience moderating focus groups or one-on-one interviews is a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in a communications or advertising agency, including at least 2 years of account planning (or successful completion of a planning Master’s program, e.g. Miami Ad School, VCU)
The ideal candidate…
- Is flexible and can adapt to different issue areas, team dynamics, and styles of working
- Thrives on collaboration and thought partnership
- Enjoys mentoring and guiding others
- Is a good listener
- Should be able to roll up their sleeves and quickly dive into clients' issue space and challenges
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.