Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C., San Francisco, and our Seattle, WA office you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are… social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are… a Senior Web Developer who knows how to:
- Manage Full stack developer duties with front-end (HTML5, CSS3, SASS, modern JS frameworks like Vue or React) and back-end (PHP, MySQL) development skills
- Build and maintain website and application features (Wordpress 4.x and 5; Drupal 7 &8 module development and configuration). Ability to handle site migrations and major version changes
- Manage backups, parallel stage environments, end to end validation, and any testing
- Create QA processes and best practices for development (responsive design, optimal website load times, JS and CSS minification, site caching tools, technical SEO build best practices, 508 accessibility compliance)
- Development standardization of all code and arrangement of assets. Assure vendor projects adhere to proper code structure
- Manage server installs with hosting provider: create installs, schedule updates, troubleshoot server or website issues
- Able to manage security for all websites; familiar with hardening WordPress and Drupal installs; familiarity with SELinux; can analyze plugins for potential security issues
- Manage GMMB's GitHub libraries for code repositories, responsible for all forks made to libraries, uses repositories to push changes to web hosting server. Development standardization for check-ins and branches for new development
- Collaborate with and advise designers, UX strategist, and digital strategists on best practices for site builds
- Advise on and integrate new product initiatives including but not limited to technology partnerships and social media initiatives
- Manage in-house web developer and production assistant efforts: assign duties and projects, review work
- Maintain snippet and theme libraries, git repositories, and other best practice documents
- Looks at future of web and application building for cutting-edge ideas and concepts to advance GMMB's portfolio of work
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferred) or six or more years of relevant professional experience in website development and management
- Expertise with tasks related to developing sites from scratch
- Experience as a full stack developer (LAMP)
- At least five years development experience with Drupal and WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of AJAX and REST as well as server-side application/API development
- Experience managing code with Git repositories
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design principles and libraries
- Strong understanding of AWS, S3, EC2, RDS, or ELB
- Can work in either waterfall or agile plans and can lead agile ceremonies (standup meetings, sprint planning)
- Excellent overall computer management and configuration skills (Linux, Windows 10, Windows 7, IOS)
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong collaborative/team skills, communication, writing, independent leadership skills
- Knowledge of graphic design and image manipulation in support of development efforts
- Extreme attention to detail
- A link to your portfolio that you can provide on your resume to showcase your past experiences in this role
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.