Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C., San Francisco and our Seattle, WA offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Controller who knows how to:
- Oversee the accounting function, including cash management and reconciliation, financial reporting, working capital management, general ledger, accounts payable, billing, and balance sheet management
- Plan, organize and coordinate timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Organize and oversee compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley activities, including internal controls documentation and quarterly testing
- Review and ensure the accurate presentation of the general ledger
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine recording and reporting transactions
- Manage media reconciliation process
- Oversee billing process to ensure clients are billed timely and accurately
- Supervise accounts payable function and ensures accurate and timely disbursement of firm funds
- Prepare cash reports, all bank reconciliations and ensures all adjustments are correct, proper and recorded in the general ledger on a timely basis
- Supports budgeting and forecasting processes
- Assists in the development and implementation of new department procedures to enhance workflow efficiency and accuracy
- Works with CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Manage, mentor and trains staff accountant, project accountant, accounts payable and billing staff and resolves performance issues
- Interact and consult with senior management on a regular basis
- Interact on a regular basis with Fleishman-Hilliard/Omnicom, as well as with outside parties (banks, vendors, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in fiscal accounting and budgeting/forecasting
- Experience in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Prior experience with accounting software, strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Self-starting initiative and works well within a team
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.