Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents and world leaders, fought to strengthen tobacco laws from Nashville to Nigeria, united foster children with their forever families; and helped our clients bring vaccinations to children around the world.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C., Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create communications and advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…earned media experts, public policy wonks, social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…an Account Supervisor or Vice President with earned media experience who knows how to:
- Serve as an issue expert, staying abreast of issues including but not limited to global health; maternal, newborn, child and reproductive health and climate change
- Drive hands-on execution of integrated communications campaigns, working with internal departments (including digital, planning, creative and production) to develop insightful and compelling creative concepts, messaging and campaign materials and to secure effective media placements
- Develop and mentor staff
- Serve as a day-to-day contact and account strategist for multiple clients and issues, understanding the larger integrated strategies in place, delivering ideas and solutions that enhance effectiveness and impact, and troubleshooting challenges a they arise
- Actively participate in new business efforts for the firm including developing new business opportunities, writing proposals and delivering presentations
- Develop sound, thoughtful and creative strategies to generate media coverage around cause-related initiatives
- Build relationships with reporters, pitch reporters, handle media requests and staff interviews
- Manage pitch teams, the development of editorial calendars and press lists
- Develop a full range of communications content, including press releases, media advisories, blog posts and commentaries, and social media
- Monitor, evaluate and present media campaign results
- A bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (required)
- 5-8+ years of experience in strategic communications
- 5-8+ years of experience working in global health and development
- Strong media relations skills and experience executing earned media strategies, with specific knowledge and understanding of the global health and development media landscape
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong understanding of the digital space, including search engines, discussion boards, blogs, video sharing sites, text messaging and podcasts
- Experience and comfort with online communications networks and best practices
- Ability to develop solutions that generate measurable results for clients and integrate performance metrics
- A passion to make the world a better place for all
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.