Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35 years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our Seattle, WA office you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…social and digital strategists, communications and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Vice President with earned media experience who knows how to:
- Develop sound, thoughtful and creative strategies to help clients gain positive media coverage around their cause-related initiatives
- Build relationship with reporters, pitch reporters, handle media requests and staff interviews
- Manage pitch-teams, the development of editorial calendars and press lists
- Develop a full range of communication content, including press releases, media advisories, blog posts and commentaries, Facebook posts, tweets and web content
- Monitor, evaluate and present media campaign results
- Drive hands-on execution of integrated communications campaigns, working with internal departments (including digital, planning, creative, and production) to develop insightful and compelling creative concepts, messaging and campaign materials and to secure effective media placements
- Serve as a day-to-day contact and account strategist for multiple clients and issues, understanding the larger integrated strategies in place, delivering ideas and solutions that enhance effectiveness and impact, and troubleshooting challenges as they arise
- Actively participate in new business efforts for the firm including developing new business and opportunities, writing proposals and delivering presentations
- Develop, mentors, and coach staff towards optimal performance and play a senior role on account teams
- Build rapport and cultivate relationships with our clients and effectively resolve client problems/concerns to ensure client satisfaction
- A bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required
- 8+ years of experience in strategic communications
- Strong media relations skills and experience executing earned media strategies, with knowledge of public policy issues such as healthcare, education, environment, social justice, global health and development or consumer education
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Experience and comfort with online communications networks and best practices
- Ability to develop solutions that generate measurable results for clients and integrate performance metrics
- A passionate to make the world a better place for all
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.