Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our D.C. home base and our Seattle, WA office you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…a Talent & Culture Specialist who knows how to:
- Field employee questions, assist in the development and implementation of policies and maintain employee handbook
- Administer bi-monthly payroll
- Maintain accurate data in HR systems, complete HR reporting in compliance with federal laws and corporate policies, prepare and distributes management reports to include monthly T&C dashboard and org charts
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Manager in sourcing candidates and scheduling interviews
- Coordinate employee onboarding and offboarding
- Organize and conduct benefits orientation, field benefit inquiries, serve as liaison to corporate benefits team, manage benefits billing, develop benefits related communications and coordinate open enrollment activities. Manage employee leaves and documentation such as FMLA, short-term disability, vacation, etc.
- Coordinate firm-wide training calendar, coordinate trainers, schedule and promote sessions and collect attendee feedback to improve future offerings
- Develop T&C communications and tools to keep staff informed of pertinent programs and policies
- Assist with managing the bi-annual performance management process
- Partner with SVP, T&C on employee engagement program development and implementation; gathering and reporting data/trends to leadership; serving as a resource and coach to employees for work-related concerns and challenges
- Stay current with new federal and state laws and ensure compliance across the company
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of human resources experience, to include experience administering payroll and/or benefits policies and procedures (COBRA, retirement plans, disability, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Experience as an administrator in an HRIS and ATS
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.