Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
In our 30+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, drunk driving and carbon emissions; united foster children with their forever families; increased vaccine access in developing countries; and helped bring health coverage to all Americans.
Our mission: to create real and lasting positive change in the world. And between our Washington, D.C. home base and our Seattle, WA office you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are … creative problem-solvers, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are … an Assistant Account Executive (Global Health) if you are eager to:
- Assist global health project teams with day-to-day execution of client work, including but not limited to conducting research; writing and editing documents; and coordinating logistics and deliverables between account, creative, digital, media and/or production departments
- Provide client service support by attending internal and client meetings; maintaining status reports and timelines; co-managing project budgets; and responding to client requests in a timely manner.
- Track, analyze and report on global health-related news, coverage, research and online conversation
- Facilitate client billing process in conjunction with account leads and accounting department
- Provide general administrative support to senior account team members, including scheduling meetings; booking travel; creating expense reports; and assembling and formatting client materials and presentations
- An interest in event planning; media outreach; social and digital strategy; writing; copyediting; and the creative process
- An interest in issues such as maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health; family planning; nutrition; development; etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or other related field from a four-year college or university
- Prior internship and/or work experience in the field of communications, marketing or media
- Demonstrated experience and/or passion for global health or global development communications and initiatives
- Strong interest in and understanding of various communications platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital, and interactive user experience) and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.