Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity to drive social change?
Then come join our team of sharp, passionate and (sometimes) quirky activists. In our 35+ years, we’ve helped elect presidents; improved education; fought for stricter regulations on tobacco, supported clients to improve health interventions like vaccines and clean water in the developing world; fought to bring health coverage to all Americans; and brought people together to improve the lives of individuals, families, communities and nations.
Our mission: to create real and lasting change in the world. And between our D.C. home base, Seattle and San Francisco offices, you’ll find all the know-how and drive to create advocacy campaigns that deliver real results.
We are…issue experts, social and digital strategists, comms and advertising gurus, designers, writers, media planners and multi-media producers.
You are…an Assistant Account Executive who knows how to:
- Provide general administrative support to senior management, including scheduling meetings, booking travel, creating expense reports, and assembling and formatting client materials and presentations
- Schedule, coordinate and set-up client meetings and conference calls
- Works with the accounting department to prepare monthly client billing invoices and memos
- Assist project teams with day-to-day execution of client work, including but not limited to conducting research, editing documents, taking meeting notes, updating status reports and coordinating logistics and deliverables between account, creative, digital, media and/or production departments
- Become well versed on assigned clients, their issue area(s) and the current landscape of the issue area(s)
- Learn the services of the firm including media relations, communications, event planning, grassroots organizing and coalition building, advertising and digital and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, public policy or other fields from a four-year college or university
- Demonstrated internship experience in the fields of nonprofit communications, political campaigns, marketing or media
- Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and distill and streamline information
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Excellent client service skills; flexibility to work evenings and weekends - because we're a client services firm and sometimes that's when our clients need us
- Strong interest or experience in various communications platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital, and interactive user experience) and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite
GMMB is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.