Job Title: Virtualization SME
Location: Arlington, VA
Required Security Clearance: TS, SCI Eligible
Required Certifications: VMware VCP-DCV or VCAP-DCV (Design or Deployment)
Required Education: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering or related discipline plus 4 additional years of experience in datacenter virtualization. Experience can be substituted for a degree.
Description: We are seeking talented virtualization experts in VMware Software-Defined Data Center (key focus on vSphere and NSX or vRealize) in support of our DoD client. The candidate will support a modernization project to Re-Architect the current virtualized hosting infrastructure across three datacenters into a modern hybrid cloud model. This is a senior level position that requires someone with good leadership and hands-on experience managing a large and complex IT environment. The Initial phase will be the design, planning, and execution of migrating over 2500 virtualized workloads from the current HCI platform to an all new integrated compute, network, and storage hardware platform. The candidate must have relevant experience in migration of large enterprise workloads that includes application specific systems hosting SQL, Oracle, Splunk, etc. This will be a fast-paced environment that will require in-depth knowledge and technical expertise meet our customer's deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a technical lead in designing, engineering, implementing, and operating VMWare SDDC platforms using VMWare 6.x or higher
- Provide As-Is and To-Be technical designs, assessments, gap and risk analysis
- Develop strategy for modernization that includes discovery, requirement analysis, application design and specification, systems integration, workload migration, product customizations, solution test plan, and quality assurance
- Participate in the planning and design of services and systems
- Update existing infrastructure to the latest version of vSphere 7.x with best practices for support of NSX, vRealize, and multi cloud
- Develop baseline configurations for ESXi hosts including the implementation and maintenance of security standards
- Develop, apply, and maintain resource pools within VMWare and assessing overall performance for workload performance
- Coordinate with the technical points of contact for networking, security, and applications to migrate services and data
- Overall 8+ years of engineering experience in datacenter, cloud, or virtualization
- Certifications of VCP and above
- DoD 8570 Baseline Security Certification for an IAT level 2
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a technical solutions architect in virtualization
- Expertise and hands-on experience with full suite vSphere services including vCenter, DRS, SRM, vVOLs, fault tolerance, and high availability
- Design, implement, support, and monitor performance management of enterprise VMware vSphere environments across data centers
- Strong storage, networking, system engineering experience
- Exposure to other VMware products like NSX, and/or vRealize
- Ability to troubleshoot complex migration and configuration problems or system issues
- Experience with SAN and NAS storage for array integration, multipathing, RDMA
- Knowledge about Private/Hybrid cloud, AWS, Azure
- Strong leadership, and team partnering skills; excellent written and oral communications skills; emphasis on drawing, modeling and communicating systems engineering
- Must be able to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts; expected to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
- Any scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.