Job Title: AVMM Technician – Level 2
Location: Tampa, FL
Required Clearance: Top Secret
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or comparable OJT with US Military background
Required Certifications: AVIXA CTS, CompTIA Network+
Description and Responsibilities:
The AVMM Technician – Level 2 position has two main focal points: (a) commissioning racks in the shop, and (b) commissioning systems in the field to the point that these systems are ready for client training. A AVMM Technician – Level 2 also may provide customer training.
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule.
- Interfaces with assigned project manager and client contacts.
- Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in the commissioning process.
- Responsible for redlining CAD documentation for as-built purposes.
- Responsible for communicating punch items to project manager.
- Responsible for IP configuration of all AV devices residing on a network.
- Responsible for filling out IP tables and storing these on the project server.
- Advanced capabilities for audio system setup and gain structure.
- Advanced capabilities for video system setup.
- Advanced capabilities for troubleshooting
- Responsible for managing versions and storing final DSP code on the project server.
- Works with the programmer to ensure that latest code version is stored on the project server.
- Assists the project manager with handling client requested changes to scope (change orders).
- Works with programmer to define audio system controls.
- Assists technicians with field questions and clarifications.
- Responsible for completing commissioning QC checklists.
- Responsible for rack testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment.
- Responsible for field testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment and programs.
- Provide assistance to service technicians.
- Provide training on AV systems to clients.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Tampa AVMM Operations Manager or Director of Technical Operations
- Must have an active TS, verifiable in JPAS.
- Must have at least AVIXA CTS certification, CTS-I or CTS-D preferred.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD.
- Must have experience installing either ThinkLogical or Evertz secure fiber distribution systems, experience with both is preferred.
- Must have experience installing AVMM systems
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques.
- Skilled in the programming of audio DSP units from multiple vendors.
- Skilled in the loading of Crestron and AMX code and user interfaces.
- Understands basic IP networking.
- Can create customer training presentations in PowerPoint if required.
- Troubleshooting ace.
- Likes to travel.
- Able to multi-task.
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Must have active or prior military experience with honorable discharge.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate
from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law