Software Engineer (Developer)
Required Experience: Five (5) years’ experience with software engineering on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Description and Responsibilities:
The SWE will integrate with the software team to develop software that identifies and reports vulnerabilities in network scan data. Development of interfaces to and integration between the software platform and high side systems will occur. The SWE will also be required to develop user interfaces in partnership with a user experience and design (UX) expert.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Golang.
- Experience with JSON and XML.
- Experience interfacing with REST, queue based, and publish / subscribe APIs.
- Experience using and building RPMs.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Linux, specifically Redhat and CentOS distributions.
- Experience with inter-process communication methods.
- Experience with cloud-based computing architectures.
- Experience interfacing and using automated test systems. Experience with Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and related development tools.
- Experience with government computing systems and services.
- Experience working with Application Programming Interface (API’s).
- Experience using industry standard Integrated Development Environments (IDE’s).
- Experience with computer network operations.
- Familiarity with scanning and/or analysis.
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.