Job Title : Senior Network Security Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Alexandria, VA
Shift: Monday - Friday (Standard hours)
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
- DoD 8570 CSSP-Infrastructure Support certification
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Description and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Security Infrastructure Engineer on the Joint Service Provider (JSP) , you will lead deployment, configuration, testing, and evaluation of current and emerging cybersecurity technologies. This role will work very closely with the Security Infrastructure Technical Lead to implement best practices for system management as well as to drive innovation in support of JSP Defensive Cyber Operation’s mission-critical, defensive cyber operations.
- Assist Security Infrastructure team in conducting daily maintenance and support activities.
- Provide expertise in addressing high-priority tasks and outages.
- Assist in creation and upkeep of network and elevation diagrams for all managed security equipment
- Conduct demonstrations, proof-of-concept and pilot deployments, and tests of potential equipment and upgrades.
- Provide assistance to junior administrators, as needed.
- Provide recommendations to contractor and government leadership on ways to improve the security infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- 5+ years of cybersecurity related experience
- 3+ years of technical experience deploying and maintaining cybersecurity tools, especially network defense capabilities (i.e. IDS, IPS, Packet Capture, Flow, Session, SIEM, Proxy, Web Content Filtering, SSL Decryption)
- Must have certifications that satisfy DoD-8570 IAT Level II and CSSP Infrastructure Support upon start.
- Demonstrated experience with deploying, configuring, maintaining, patching, troubleshooting, and upgrading cybersecurity infrastructure and capabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network traffic and communications, including known ports and services.
- Hands-on experience with the Windows and Linux operating system and their respective command line interfaces and scripting shells.
- Demonstrated experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with automation and orchestration frameworks (ex. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on experience as a SOC analyst.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats (internal and external), attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.