Job Title: Network Security Administrator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Shift: Monday - Friday (Standard hours)
Required Security Clearance: Secret – TS/SCI eligible
- DoD 8570 IAT II
- DoD 8570 CSSP-Infrastructure Support certification
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Description and Responsibilities:
As the Network Security Administrator, you will provide support for all Cyber Security equipment associated with network and endpoint monitoring to include Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Packet Capture, Net Flow, and Session systems, servers, appliances, and to manage the project execution for the evaluation of new technologies for life cycle replacement and potential future use.
- Coordinate with local change and control boards and provide installation, configuration, engineering, administration, and accreditation documents/diagrams for the infrastructure life cycle replacements upgrades, enhancements, and new technology deployments
- Coordinate with Operations and Engineering and provide technical support for all in-line devices to include Taps, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS), Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS), and other in-line devices impacting the security monitoring of JSP networks
- Create and update infrastructure and rack elevation diagrams
- Maintain Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance on all security devices
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment
- Conduct systems engineering efforts for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches engineering and configuration management processes with minimal oversight
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience (4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Active Secret clearance required with eligibility to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification prior to starting
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- Scripting/coding experience in Python, bash, PowerShell, or other popular and common language
- Familiarity with Windows or Linux command line tools
- SIEM or Server/OS administration certification
- Multiple years of experience administering proactive and passive network monitoring and defense technologies
- Solid understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
- Must be available for on-call support, as required
- Familiar with security policies and general vulnerabilities management
- Experience with change control processes
- Ability to both create and understand network topology and rack elevation diagrams
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.