Job Title: Systems Engineer 5
Location: Columbia, MD
Required Security Clearance: No Security Clearance is required
Required Certifications: None
Required Education: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering or related discipline. 4 additional years of experience in RF or Wireless can be substituted for a degree.
***Secret Clearance is Highly desired***
- Ten (10)+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience
- Five (5)+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
- Experience in design, development, deployment, testing, and evaluation of cellular (LTE/5GNR) systems.
- RF Network Planning, including propagation modeling and capacity planning
This engineering position requires the ability to work closely with development teams and customers to design, deploy and stand-up localized 5G wireless end-to-end systems. The successful candidate should have the ability to understand technical issues involving the design, deployment and operation of LTE/5GNR technologies. Knowledge of network planning/optimization and spectrum utilization are also desirable skills. The candidate should be able to provide remote and onsite support to mobile operators in North America. Position requires significant customer interaction and ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
The Senior Systems Engineer should have the following:
- Proven track record with innovative problem solving and hands-on experience with wireless network design, network troubleshooting, fine-tuning, and optimization
- Produce SE documentation – IMS, Test Plan, SEMP, TEMP
- Ability to produce system design drawings, and performance metrics
- Ability to perform integrated system demonstrations
- Ability to investigate end to end performance of wireless networks
- Experience in running verification test procedures and ATO security testing
- Exposure to a wireless operator working environment is required
- Experience with data services with knowledge of protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- RF Network Planning, including propagation studies, link budget analysis, network planning tool configuration, coverage and capacity planning and network growth dimensioning
- Ability to present complex technical ideas and results to multi-level, multi-disciplinary internal and external audiences
- Programming/scripting skills is a plus
- Experience in design, development, testing, and evaluation of mobile/cellular systems.
- Proven track record with innovative problem solving and hands-on experience in wireless network design, network troubleshooting, fine-tuning, and optimization
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.