Description and Responsibilities:
The Windows Middleware Engineer will provide the following:
- Manage Tomcat Middleware stack. Aid in the design, implementation and support of a highly available Tomcat infrastructure platform.
- Install, configure and maintain Tomcat on Windows systems.
- Tune Tomcat parameters for optimal system performance.
- Deploy application packages / archives onto Tomcat. Support connectivity from end users and data sources, including Active Directory SSO and federated sources.
- Maintain and develop PowerShell scripts to help automate day to day activities
- Public Trust desired
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
- Must be skilled in Windows administration through scripted automated tools such as PowerShell.
- Must be highly experienced in designing complex systems and producing formal implementation plans.
- Must be highly proficient in TCP/IP, system performance management, system and network security, cluster computing, storage management, and systems integration.
- Must have experience with system network architecture, software protocols, and interfaces.
- Must understand client/server relationship, and peripheral equipment associated with complete system integration.
- Experience managing Pega Platform applications recommended, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure.
Location: Washington, DC
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.