Job Title: Senior Linux DevOps Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Shift: Day Shift
Required Security Clearance: DoD or DoJ Top Secret
Required Certifications: None
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
Description and Responsibilities:
The Senior Linux DevOps Engineer will assist to review and analyze the technical architecture of the current Pegasystems implementation on Linux and Tomcat installation/configuration of each of the application component. Support the development of SDLC deliverables for technical architecture components including system administration manual, operations manual, operations manual solution architecture document, etc. The resource will work with the team and client to document functional designs and work alongside the build team to capture design detail in the SDLC deliverables. The consultant will configure the system and support the build where necessary.
- Leads and participates in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
- Performs systems administration functions on Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud infrastructure
- Works with Pega application developers to troubleshooting the issues in all Environments
- Performs application deployment and application migration
- Works on PostgreSQL Database installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Describes and manages security authentication and authorization
- Carries out performance analysis and tuning
- Leads and execute on plan to implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- 4 + years of experience Administrating COTS Applications in HA, Tomcat and Linux Servers
- Experience with automation through shell scripts and ansible playbooks
- Experience with application, database backup and recovery planning
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.