Job Title: Web Assessment Engineer
Location: Adelphi, MD
Required Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level I Certification
- At least one vendor approved system level certification (such as a Microsoft, Linux, VMware, or other professional certification) preferred
Description and Responsibilities:
Web Assessment Engineers to conducting formal security assessments on web-based applications using both automated tools and manual techniques, including penetration testing tools and other hacking methods, in order to enumerate vulnerabilities in web technologies. As ethical hackers that find the vulnerabilities in DoD web sites before our adversaries do you will utilize your in-depth technical knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, network protocols and databases. These roles will are located in Aberdeen Proving Ground or Adelphi, MD Provide expertise on various monitoring tools in a secure environment
- Utilize your extensive knowledge of web technologies such as PHP, CSS, CMS, Apache, Burp or Metasploit. Oversee all network defense operations, and be familiar with the operations process flow and execution.
- Keep current on the latest vulnerabilities and versions of all these technologies, new technologies, products, and hacking techniques while running pre-determined tests or self -designed tests as you provide a superb level of technical knowledge and know-how to web application security assessments.
- (5) years of related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience conducting formal security assessments on web-based applications
- Experience using both automated tools and manual techniques, including penetration testing tools and other hacking methods, in order to enumerate vulnerabilities in web technologies
- Experience working with web site administrators after the assessments to recommend strategies to mitigate the vulnerabilities, and harden the DoDIN sites
- In-depth knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, network protocols, databases, scripting languages, and some programming
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law