Job Title: Cyber Security Watch Officer
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Required Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Ability to obtain CSSP-A certification within 180 days of start date.
Description and Responsibilities:
The Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO will serve on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance. CSWOs are principally engaged in the triage of events, cyber incident handling, network analysis and threat detection, trend analysis, metric development, vulnerability information dissemination, and the DoD Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) methodology. This position offers a compressed workweek (10 hour/day 4 days on 3 days off) on a set Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday schedule. (Day-shift hours: 5am-3pm. Swing-shift hours: 1pm-11pm. Mid-shift hours 9pm-7am). This position is open for the Day Shift: 5am-3pm.Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses. Assesses and detects network vulnerabilities.
- Provide expertise on various monitoring tools in a secure environment
- Support the DCC Battle Captain with all Cyber Defense and Network Assurance issues.
- Oversee all network defense operations, and be familiar with the operations process flow and execution.
- Maintain awareness of all pertinent directives, orders, alerts, and messages; prepare and deliver daily situational awareness and operational update briefings.
- Serve as Senior Defensive Cybersecurity SME during 24x7 operations.
- 4 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Leadership experience in a 24x7 environment.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law