Job Title: Senior Network Engineer – O&M
Location: Arlington, VA - Pentagon
Required Clearance: Secret
Required Education: BS degree in related field (or 4 years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree)
Required Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification w/ Computing Environment certification (Routing and/or Switching)
Description and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will be responsible for the health and maintenance of a large, complex networking infrastructure. This includes providing network administration and operational support to approximately 2000 networked devices. The network engineer will provide comprehensive network administration, security enhancements and remediation, and troubleshooting of network devices such as switches, and controllers. This position requires an understanding of best practices pertaining to network security and may require the development, deployment, and integration of network security services. Successful candidates should be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses. Assesses and detects network vulnerabilities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides problem and incident resolution, including dealing with software and hardware vendor technical support
- Deploy and maintain network hardware, peripherals, services, and settings in accordance with industry standards and project/operational requirements
- Performs daily system monitoring; verifies the integrity and availability of networking hardware, services, systems, and key processes; reviews system and application logs
- Documents and conducts changes during ASI windows, as required
- Provides on-call troubleshooting and issue resolution as required
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures
- Collaborate with the Security team to identify and remediate application and operating system vulnerabilities
- Acts as a liaison with other groups to provide information sharing pertaining to the needs of the diverse set of computer users supported by the client as a whole.
- Develop scripts and other automation solutions to aid in the completion of migration and integration tasks.
- Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure proper fixes are implemented and documented
- Provides phone support to users during the time of peak demand as needed
- 5+ years of related experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, managing and monitoring the health of routers and switches; specific experience with Arista and/or Aruba preferred
- Experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting network systems, switching, and routing protocol standards such as: TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, SDN, and 802.1x.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, IPAM, and NTP in a large multi-site environment
- Experience managing network equipment with vendor specific applications: Aruba AirWave, Aruba ClearPass and/or Arista CloudVision preferred. Cisco Prime or Junos Space accepted
- Experience using network management and analysis tools such as SNMP probes, network taps, and traffic analyzers
- Experience documenting network topology using Visio
- Creating and documenting processes and creating work instructions
- Experience working as a part of a large team and working directly with customers
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with supporting teleworkers and remote access technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience utilizing Remedy ITSM, or Customer Relationship Management system
- Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk DoD deployments highly preferred.
- Experience with NetScout, IBM NetCool and/or Solarwinds NMS products
- Experience administering and troubleshooting server operating systems such as Linux, Windows, or UNIX
- Experience creating scripts to automate routine administration tasks. Experience with network security, including firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN, and vulnerability remediation
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law