Job Title: Information Systems Security Engineer - 2 (ISSE)
Location: Hanover, MD
Shift: Monday - Friday (Standard hours)
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/FS Poly
Required Certifications: One of the following: Security+, CISSP, CISM
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Description and Responsibilities:
- Performs as an Information System Security Engineer Level 2 to optimize our Intelligence Customer’s enterprise protection posture performing certification and accreditation and developing Security Plans
- Integrate information assurance disciplines into the system design, development, integration, and implementation.
- Recommends and participates in activities that prevent repeated vulnerability assessment finding
- Provides and participates in A&A support for projects and technical exchange meeting
- Apply security risk assessment methodology to system development, including threat model development, vulnerability assessments, and resulting security risk analysis.
- Develop systems that process information with different classifications and categories that simultaneously permits access by users with different security clearances and denies access to users who lack authorization.
- (8) years’ experience integrating information assurance disciplines into the system design, development, integration, and implementation.
- (5) years’ experience applying of Federal, NSA, intelligence community and DoD Information Security regulations, publications, and policy.
- Experience w/NESSUS in a complex network environment as well as Security Center version 5.X
- Experience tailoring Scan Policy NESSUS/Security Center
- Strong understanding of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Experience developing security plans
- Experience assessing and auditing network penetration testing antivirus planning assistance, risk analysis and incident response.
- Experience with the NSA Certification and Accreditation process (NISCAP).
- Experience in the implementation of cross domain solutions e.g. an information assurance solution that provides the ability to manually and/or automatically access and/or transfer between two or more differing security domains.
- Experience with both compliance and vulnerability scanning
- Strong Linux skills
- Scripting and coding experience a plus
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.