Job Title: Information Systems Security Officer - 1 (ISSO)
Location: Columbia, MD
Shift: Monday - Friday (Standard hours)
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/FS Poly
Required Certifications: IAT Level I or higher
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Description and Responsibilities:
- Help determine, plan, and coordinate the IT security programs, processes, and policies.
- Provide direction and support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
- Manage and control changes and assess the security impact
- Perform continuous monitoring and reporting for systems
- Prepare and maintain the Security documentation
- Serve as the initial security Approval Authority
- Utilize COTS/GOTS to communicate system status and compliance
- Support AO/DAO, SCA, and ISSM on system Assessment and Authorization (A&A) duties to obtain and maintain ATOs
- Conduct daily review of and respond to security related tickets
- May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Windows or Linux SA experience
- Network Admin experience
- AWS experience
- Experience with an audit reduction and analysis tool such as Splunk
- Experience with a vulnerability scanner such as Nessus
- Experience with Xacta, LatteArt
- Familiarity with IC, DoD, and NIST Security Policies and Procedures
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.