Job Title: Personnel Security Specialists
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: No degree is required but may be used as supplemental experience.
Mid Level: Five (5) plus years of experience in SSO/Personnel Security type positions.
Senior Level (8) plus years of experience in SSO/Personnel Security type positions.
Federal Data Systems is seeking multiple Mid-Level and Senior Personnel Security Specialists to fill a new position supporting our Maryland partner. Qualified and accepted candidates will work on-site, conducting research and sifting through multiple data sources to create actionable intelligence reports.
The Personnel Security Specialists will:
- Prepare, submit, monitor, and update computer tracking systems concerning appropriate case material.
- Produce finished documentation, e.g., reports, special studies, policy and procedure development, security designs, training programs and assessments.
- Verify the appropriate level of background investigation being requested, and ensures all documents required for suitability processing have been completed and included in the individual files.
- Assist with the coordination of personnel security documentation for in and out-processing and the coordination of documentation of SCI position and eligibility requests, including security in-processing, unofficial foreign travel requests, submitting investigation requests and conducting security briefings.
- Ensure compliance with DoD, and military service security policies and requirements for personnel in-processing paperwork for access to DoD facilities and IT systems.
- Analyze the updating and maintenance of applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines, including client updates to the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and proper accounting for controlling, transmitting, transporting, package, and safeguarding SCI.
- Assist with providing support for the elimination of SCI by authorized means.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Extensive experience with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and the Questionnaire for Investigative Processing (eQIP).
- Experience conducting security investigations.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.