Job Title: Insider Threat Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA - Mark Center
Required Clearance: Top Secret w/SCI Eligibility
Required Education: BS degree in a Cyber Security related field (or 4 years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Current DoD 8570 CSSP Auditor Certification
- One of the following Computing Environment Certifications: Windows Server/Workstation OS or Technology
Description and Responsibilities:
FedData is seeking an experienced professional to conduct security assessment services for preventing, detecting, and deterring inside threats to organizational systems. This position supports the user activity monitoring (UAM) team and will use both commercial and government provided tools to perform the mission. UAM detects and stops insider threats, both unintentional and malicious, by identifying suspicious behavior or unsafe practices and mitigating risks to the enterprise.
- Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses. Assesses and detects network vulnerabilities.
- Provide expertise on various monitoring tools in a secure environment
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Prepare and deliver briefings on topics relevant to Insider Threat and User Activity Monitoring Activities
- Evaluate network traffic logs, packet capture files, system log files, and other artifacts to determine insider threat activities
- 4+ years of experience in Cyber Security with an Insider Threat concentration
- Thorough understanding of cyber forensics
- Ability to interpret non-standard user behavior and predict possible vulnerabilities
- Capability to evaluate risks to cyber systems
- Perform analysis on trends and anomalies
- Perform threat assessments
- Prepare briefings and analysis products for senior leadership
- Access user activity monitoring tools discern threats and conduct investigations to determine scope of threat
- Compare investigative results with known tactics, techniques and procedures routinely employed by adversaries to exploit individuals and networks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prepare briefings and documents using the Microsoft Office Suite of tools
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law