Job Title: Enterprise Management (EMS) Senior Network Engineer
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Shift: Day Shift
Required Security Clearance: N/A
Required Certifications: N/A
Required Education: Bachelors Degree or 7 years of equivalent experience
Description and Responsibilities:
- Design, configure, deploy and maintain COTS packages designed to monitor the USPTO network to include the following Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and Network Performance Monitoring (NPM):
RiverBed SteelCentral Net Infrastructure Management (NetIM), SteelCentral NetProfiler, SteelCentral Flow Gateway, SteelCentral AppResponse Xpert, SteelCentral Portal Integration, SteelCentral WAN Steelheads and Interceptors, NetShark,
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Cisco AppDynamics.
OpenNMS, Grafana, SNMP, Research SNMPv3 agents.
- Perform customized integration of COTS packages per customer’s requirements.
- Serve as the technical lead for the SPB C3 Liaison Team to train and support SPB C3 personnel on any new SPB software and procedures.
- Work with the USPTO OSOS, Network Operations, and C3 support groups to implement and maintain network and application monitoring software.
- Install new hardware platforms for Microsoft Windows and UNIX Operating Systems.
- Develop ad-hoc scripts for system maintenance and software integration using UNIX shell and Perl.
- Provide on-call 3rd tier software support for the EMS.
- Design, develop, and deliver training classes and workshops in areas of computer and network systems.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Bachelor's degree or 7 years of equivalent experience
- At least 10+ years experience in computer networking
- At least 10+ years experience in computer system engineering
- Knowledge of a wide range of network management software
Work is typically based in a quiet office environment or electronics research lab. Business work hours for this position are based solely on the requirements of the program. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Employment Type: Full Time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.