Job Title: OSINT Analyst/Linguist
Location: Linthicum, MD
Required Security Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Required Certifications: No certifications are required for this position.
Required Education: No degree is required but may be used as supplemental experience.
Required Experience: 5+ years of experience in DoD or IC Intelligence Analysis
Description: Federal Data Systems is seeking an experienced analyst, specializing in all-source and open source intelligence (OSINT) to join our client-facing integrated team based in Maryland. The OSINT team member will leverage open source information, publicly available information (PAI) and media expertise to support strategic, operational, and tactical research and analysis requirements of the client’s mission and integrated all-source threat and risk assessments for the Maryland partner mission.
Integrated with the client mission, analysts will apply knowledge of OSINT, PAI, and social media sources to develop and execute research plans and employ appropriate research tradecraft, IC tools, and proprietary tools. Analysts will produce reports and contribute to team-produced reports and threat and risk assessments. Qualified and accepted candidates will work at the client site, conducting research and sifting through multiple data sources to create actionable intelligence reports.
The Analyst will:
- Use critical thinking skills, research methodology and tradecraft to find, evaluate, analyze, and present raw data and finished intelligence in support of mission requirements.
- Combine information from disparate sources to help the client better understand the mission environment and assess threats and risks.
- Review and report on strategic and tactical guidance applicable to cyberspace intelligence operations.
- Assess intelligence planning and recommend production adjustments when necessary.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate an intelligence task list that identifies the intelligence support products and designates divisions within mission responsible for completion.
- Identify, coordinate, and deconflict deadlines and overall scope for intelligence production requests and services.
- Outstanding knowledge of DoD/IC all-source research planning and resources.
- Excellent analytic writing and briefing skills.
- Experience with events monitoring and impact reporting.
- Mastery of surface, deep, and dark web research; Knowledge of Boolean operators, Google dorks, and advanced internet tradecraft.
- Knowledge of internet sources, including social media platforms, deep web data sources, metadata, dark web protocols and sites, and commercial data sets.
- Ability to apply knowledge of history, local culture, vernacular language to current events in targeting, assessment, and trend analysis.
- Understanding of relational database visualization tools; Ability to understand, create, and convey information and data in visual formats.
- Five (5) or more years of intelligence analysis experience, or Specialized training and three (3) + years of intelligence analysis experience, or B.S. or M.S. in relevant field and eight (8) + years of applicable experience.
- Foreign language proficiency in Russian, Farsi, Arabic, Chinese, Tagalog or Korean; familiarity with differing cultural contexts; Experience using machine-translated texts.
- Familiarity with the USIC and experience supporting DoD/IC customers.
- Knowledge of ODNI analytic standards and DoD estimative and evaluative matrices.
- Organizational skills to meet time-sensitive tasking and deadlines.
- Experience conducting CI: Collections, Functional Services, Investigation, or Operations.
- Understanding of National and Defense guidance and practices pertaining to CI.
- Experience planning and conducting intelligence planning activities.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.